Fri, Sep 15|
Economic Rights in Syria's Future
🌐 Join us for a Thought Discussion on Economic Rights in Syria's Future 🌐 Date: September 15th Time: 15:00 Central European Time (CET)
Time & Location
Sep 15, 2023, 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
About the event
The post-conflict period in Syria is a crucial phase that requires a precise analysis of the current economic situation in the country and the endeavor to establish the concepts of economic rights in Syria's future. In this context, we invite you to our upcoming online event, where we will delve into critical issues surrounding the Syrian economic situation and the future of economic rights.
The dialogue session will bring together representatives from organizations and bodies involved in the negotiation process under the United Nations' auspices in Geneva. The main topics to be discussed in the session include:
1. Economic Analysis of Pre- and Post-Conflict Syria.
- Dive deep into the economic landscape of Syria before and after the conflict.
- Examine the profound changes and transformations that have occurred.
- Gain an accurate understanding of the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
2. Exploring Economic Rights in the New Syrian Constitution:
- Explore the evolving content of economic rights within the new Syrian Constitution.
- Discuss potential developments and improvements for these rights in the future Constitution.
3. Gender Equality and Economic Rights:
- Engage in a meaningful discussion on the vital importance of gender equality in economic rights.
- Analyze the impact that women have on advancing economic rights.
4. The Crucial Role of Civil Society:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities that civil society can undertake in the pursuit of promoting and protecting economic rights.
- Sabah Hallak: Member of the Mini Constitutional Committee.
- Rajaa Altali: Member of the Women's Advisory Council.
- Khorshid Elika: Member of the Economic Community in the Civil Society Support Chamber.
- Renas Sino: Founder and CEO of the TEVIN Foundation.
this event will be conducted in Arabic.
Don't miss this opportunity to contribute to the dialogue on Syria's economic future and the rights of its citizens.
Your insights and perspectives are invaluable as we work together to shape a more prosperous and equitable Syria.