Mon, Jun 15|
The economic crisis in north-eastern Syria between the challenges and prospects for possible solutions
The regions of northern and eastern Syria are experiencing real suffering as a result of the multiple economic burdens and challenges,
Time & Location
Jun 15, 2020, 7:00 PM
About the event
The regions of northern and eastern Syria are experiencing real suffering as a result of the multiple economic burdens and challenges, and despite the fact that these areas have vital economic resources, but the international geopolitical changes and the lack of proper governance of these resources, in addition to the armed conflicts, which were the latest Turkish military operation and the spread of corruption and monopoly and the dominance of some individuals and groups on the axes of the economy without each other and the lack of transparency of the governance of natural resources and formulas and mechanisms that may contribute from the economic recovery of the region . all this has had an impact on The economic situation has increased its fragility to come recently the "Law of Caesar", which will come into effect on June 17th.
- Assessing the general economic situation in north-eastern Syria (difficulties, challenges, causes …)
- The possible implications and consequences of Caesar's law on the north-east of Syria? Affected and most vulnerable groups and their needs (displaced/refugees/special needs/low-income/women and girls/children)?
- Mechanisms, plans and actions that can be taken by self-management to alleviate the general economic crisis, especially the consequences of Caesar's law on the region? (Wages - the status of border crossings - stop trading in Syrian currency - anti-corruption - price control…)
- The role and emergency economic response mechanisms that can be performed by local and international organizations and relief businesses in north-eastern Syria, especially in areas with high displacement rates !
- Programs that will contribute to early recovery and recovery and mitigate the effects of Caesar law on the living, health, psychological and social sectors and mechanisms for their activation?
- The role of the international community and the international coalition to fight ISIS to mitigate the effects of the economic crisis on the areas of northern and eastern Syria and meet the humanitarian needs and support mechanisms necessary for actors on the ground such as institutions and NGOs and border crossings in northern and eastern Syria.
- The arrangements and consequences of the economic crisis in the absence of contingency response plans on mental health, mental health, community social status in north-eastern Syria, mechanisms for meeting them and the most prominent response programs!