Tue, Aug 25|
The educational reality in northeastern Syria
The Syrian crisis has continued over the past years to affect various aspects of Syrians' lives, including the cultural and educational aspect,
Time & Location
Aug 25, 2020, 7:00 PM
About the event
The Syrian crisis has continued over the past years to affect various aspects of Syrians' lives, including the cultural and educational aspect, the latter of which constitutes one of the main challenges of the existing conflict. This is considered an obsession for the majority of Syrians, as the educational process is of great importance in avoiding possible future illiteracy for whole generations.
Education in the regions of NE Syria and that of self - Administration have witnessed a move towards steps and standards by educational administration institutions to ensure the continuity of education. However, despite the existence of basic and university education, the educational process faces a set of barriers, obstacles and the continuous criticism of educational curricula. In addition, the spread of the Corona Covid-19 pandemic and the economic crisis in the region has intensified the situation.
In this webinar, TEVN will host Muhammad Saleh Abdo, the co-chair of the Education Authority in the Gezira region, Farid Saadon : University Professor , Noor Al-Huda Al-Aoujail, representative of the Mary Development Organization in Deir Ezzor, to discuss the educational process and its future prospects.
Meeting Agenda Topics:
- The general educational situation in the regions of northeastern Syria.
- The barriers and obstacles facing the educational reality in the region and the mechanisms of possible solutions.
- Mechanisms and methods of improving the educational process (quantitative - qualitative) to raise the level of education and keep pace with regional and international education standards.
- Mechanisms for ensuring and monitoring the progress of the educational process in the regions of northeastern Syria after the spread of Covid-19 and in light of the existing economic crisis.
- How to maintain the independence of the educational process and build scientific curricula.